Skip to main
Environment and Climate Change
On 23 July 2019, the Council adopted a motion to declare a Climate Emergency and passed a motion committing to actions including:
- Achieving net-zero carbon across all Guildford Borough Council services by 2030
- Establishing borough-wide partnerships to evaluate and determine how and when Guildford Borough could become carbon neutral.
- Developing a clear action plan and timescale for being net-zero carbon across our Council operations.
GBC Council have shared some tips to reduce carbon emissions in our parish:
- Keep a record of your emissions, (milage, energy use)
- Encourage the formation of Climate Action groups within your communities
- Create a network of community leaders to promote carbon reduction more widely
- Develop and promote a lift share scheme
Additional tips can be found on the Friends of the Earth document: 20 actions parish and town councils can take on the climate and nature emergency.
Zero Carbon in Guildford is a community space set up to drive a community-led climate action plan. They have regular events to help Guildford borough adapt to a changing planet. Click here to find out more: Zero Carbon Guildford.