About St Martha Parish Council
To promote a sense of community by consultation and aiming to securing and maintaining the best possible services and environment within the Parish.
- Respond to Guildford Borough Council on local Planning Applications and other planning documents.
- Alert relevant Authorities, eg Highways, to local issues, especially where work is required
- Work with National and local bodies to achieve beneficial outcomes
- Provide and maintain assets for the benefit of the community.
- To assist individuals to contact the appropriate authority in addressing specific issues.
- To ensure the Council acts as a constituted body serving the interests of its electorate.
- To ensure it conforms with statutory requirements and adopted guidelines
- To maintain public assets, eg seats, bus shelters, noticeboards in a safe state.
- To adopt scrupulous financial controls of the use of public monies - eg the precept
This map shows the boundaries of St Martha Parish.